2010-12-29

Some Satanism pages updates

Three updates:

I've added Asbjørn Dyrendal's description of Satanism as "humanism with horns" to http://www.dpjs.co.uk/humanism.html . Also added Jesper Aagaard Petersen (a serious academic of Satanism)'s comment that Satanism is "a functional equivalent to religion", and a quote from Asbjørn Dyrendal who says "There are many definitions of "religion" by which at least rationalist Satanism ought to be excluded".

I've also quoted Asbjørn Dyrendal agreeing with me that "Satanism is world-affirming" to "Satanism is a World-Affirming Religion, not a World-Renouncing One" by Vexen Crabtree (2007)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Asbjørn Dyrendal's description of Satanism as "humanism with horns". The only problem I have with Humanism (and I mean secular humanism here) is the emphasis Humanism places on the value of humans over other animals (in this criticism I agree with Peter Singer). In his book 'Discovering Secular Humanism' Jimmy Clay says, "Secular humanism takes the position that... humans come first" and "If a boat overturns and a human and a dog fall into the water, both are drowning, who do you save first? You save the human first."
Hmmm... I don't know about that.

And that's a real difference between a Humanist and a Satanist; a Humanist always saves the human, but a Satanist at least has a choice.