2010-02-09

Time to Move On: Religion Has Cost Too Much

I have rewritten my main anti-religion page from 1999. The contents of "Time to Move On: Religion Has Cost Too Much" by Vexen Crabtree (2010) is now:

  1. Monotheism and Violence Intolerance
    1. The Violent Defence of Religion Derives From Secret Doubt
    2. Organized Religion Makes 'Beliefs' Dangerous
    3. An Abrahamic Tradition: Wiping Out Competing Gods
    4. Anti-Semitism
    5. Heresy Versus Orthodoxy
  2. Sexuality and Gender Issues
    1. The Peacock vs. The Ostrich
    2. Religion Versus Womankind
    3. Child Abuse
    4. Irrational Hatred and Prejudice Against Homosexuality
  3. The Search for Truth
    1. Religion is Bad for Intelligence
    2. The Struggles of the Faithful Against Academia, Science and Freethought
  4. Religion's Negative Effects on Society
    1. Societal Stability
    2. Violence, Crime and Mass Suicide
  5. Dark Ages: When Faith Rules
  6. Animal Welfare and Ritual Sacrifice
  7. Satan as a Figurehead for the Oppressed. Who is the Real Enemy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always blown away when I take the time to read your writings, Vexen.
You're a very prolific writer. There is such volume of information found in your websites that I found it a little daunting at first to know where to begin! But I've read most of your writings on Satan and Satanism (well maybe "most". There's always something I haven't come across yet - like this blog for one. I only just found it today!).
From what I have read, you strike me as a very intelligent and talented individual. I think I'll have to take at least a month from work to read all your stuff though! Great work!